It is always important to care for oneself using all the essentials of good health. Regular check-ups, good nutrition, and healthful living all enable you to stay on top of their health in a cautious yet sensible way. Often one becomes too concerned with health problems and caught up in a cycle of health concerns. 1 health problem is reconciled when another instantly pops up to take its place. These concerns become all-encompassing and exhausting after a while.
Eventually, the person realizes that this cycle of health anxieties has intruded upon the quality of life. A dark cloud, constantly hovering over daily living, this intrusive kind of anxiety needs to be addressed. One starts by discovering why this is happening, what purpose does it serve and how to disrupt this behavior.
Reason for Health Anxiety
Health worries actually serve a purpose and this purpose isn’t tricky to discover if one looks deep enough into this pattern of behavior. Often this pattern requires the brain deflecting from specific emotions that the person finds difficult to tackle.
Many emotions are so overpowering, such as anger, grief or fear, the mind looks for ways to divert. Health concerns fit the bill because when one worries intensely about their health, there’s very little room to deal with an upsetting emotion.
This is the ideal diversion from unsettling emotions. When one fear is reconciled, another takes its place to veil the unaddressed emotion. Each health stress has a powerful purpose, as it masks the true upsetting emotion, that is significantly more challenging to confront in the long term.
- Recognition and acknowledgment of the Health Anxiety habit, 1 worry quickly following another in a loop that is noticeable that never ends. Awareness of the cycle is always the first step to understand the matter.
- Determining if this health worry is an actual physical problem by visiting one’s primary physician and ruling out a certain physical cause for the problem.
- Noticing these health concerns settle down when you become intensely interested in a different topic or swept to a new relationship, occupation or trigger.
- Identify your own patterns. Can you experience twinges of symptoms which frequently jump from one area of the body to another? Do you end up overestimating physical intrusions and immediately jump to the conclusion that they signify danger or warrant the attention of an alarm?
- Locate interests that involve your whole being. Lose yourself in things that enable you time for inward thinking. True health issues do not generally adhere to the exact same time table as health anxieties do. Health worries are more powerful during times of boredom and if one lacks interest. An intelligent mind requires goals and challenges.
- Action is an important therapeutic tool against health concerns. Movement and exercise invigorate and excite the body and mind in a positive manner. Endorphins are released and Serotonin levels are fostered naturally when action is part of a daily regimen. Moderate walking, running, swimming, tennis, and dance are all helpful activities that bring forth positive results.
- Nutrition is also crucial to good health that itself helps remove the strong habit of negative thinking, often concerning health concerns. When eating correctly, Serotonin levels are naturally encouraged and blood sugar levels remain stable. This helps settle down an over-reactive mind, resulting in a lowering in health anxieties.
- Talk back to the mind by firmly telling it to stop when health concerns enter the mind. Shift to a more positive mode of thinking because you always have a choice in what you consider.
- The mind will react by quieting down as unwanted thoughts subside. The mind, captured red-handed in this behavior is immediately embarrassed causing it to suspend this cycle of negative thought. This is relative to a child being caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Embarrassment at being captured stops this intrusive behavior.
- Be aware of “what if” thinking. If nearly all sentences you think to start with “what if” then this is evidence of a solid health anxiety habit. Change “what if” thinking to “so what” and observe the cycle break.
First and foremost, understand that stress solves nothing. Health worries, in particular, will only serve to exhaust and deplete both body and mind. Consciously make a concerted effort to change how you think and you’ll succeed in changing your life. You may go from self-victimization to independence from the intrusive habit of fearful worry.
You always have an option. Life can be wonderful and satisfying when you learn how to change your outlook and chose a more positive viewpoint. You always have an option. Never define yourself by your habit of anxious thinking. Don’t be victimized by health stress and fear. With a few simple adjustments, particularly in believing, you’ll discover your life changes from being upsetting and difficult to become easier and more fulfilling a daily basis.